The City of the Village of Indian Hill, Ohio is accepting applications for a part-time Service Worker within the Public Works Department. Duties include general road maintenance, removing roadside litter, removal of brush and trees, grass mowing, and general landscaping and grounds maintenance. This position requires ability to drive small dump trucks, pickup trucks and the ability to tow a trailer. Candidate must have knowledge of the operation of a variety of hand powered and non-powered hand tools, mowing equipment, string and hedge trimmers and other similar maintenance equipment. This position works outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather. Must have the ability to perform manual labor tasks that require physical strength and endurance.
- General road maintenance: removing roadside litter, blacktopping & asphalt, roadside mowing, etc.
- Assists in installing guardrails, making and posting roadside signs.
- Performs removal of brush and trees and residential brush removal.
- Grounds maintenance at municipal properties including grass mowing, landscapes, lot maintenance, signage, etc.
- Traffic details including flagging traffic and safely directing traffic at work sites.
- Restoration & improvements work of installing drainage ditches, parking lots, maintenance of athletic fields, etc.
- Assists in keeping facilities clean, free of litter, safe, and in good repair. Empties trash cans, dusts and polishes furniture, sweeps, mops, and polishes floors.
- Must be able to work well as a team member and to relate effectively with members of the public.
- When contact with public is required, ability to maintain courteous, helpful attitude.
- Customer service experience a plus.
- Ability to perform manual labor tasks that require physical strength and endurance.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have ability to follow a supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Must be able to work outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to drive small dump trucks and pickup trucks.
- Ability to tow a trailer.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred plus at least one year of experience in mechanical or maintenance type work.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license.
This position consists of 28 hours per week with typical start time of 7:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. Hourly range is $11.62 to $19.34 based on qualifications.
Applications must be completed and returned to: Jessica Chaney, Director of Administrative Services, City of the Village of Indian Hill, 6525 Drake Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screening and background investigation. The City of the Village of Indian Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled.