With the “Stay At Home Order” that was issued by the Governor DeWine on March 23, at 11:59 p.m., I wanted to provide an update on Village services and amenities:
- ALL pertinent city services will continue – police, fire, EMS, trash collection, recycling, street work, Public Works/Water Works projects, water distribution, parks, and financial transactions. All are considered Essential Services. Ways to assist with social distancing:
- Please place garbage cans out the night before the scheduled pick up time.
- For non-emergency issues, please call the Rangers at 561-7000 or the Joint Fire District at 561-7926.
- Parks will remain open with the following amenities closed:
- All playgrounds
- All tennis courts
- All basketball courts
- All shelters
- All Village-owned kayak/canoe accessories at Grand Valley
- Requesting visitors to respect social distancing:
- Keep a six foot distance between each other
- Walk in one direction on walking paths
- Keep walking groups small
- No public meetings until further notice
- Access to all Village and Joint Fire District buildings is restricted. Please utilize online payment, ordinary mail or the drop box in the Administration Parking lot.
- All permits will be processed through e-mail and ordinary mail.
- The Shooting Club and Livingston Lodge are closed
- The local income tax deadline of April 15th will be extended to July 15th to match the federal and state deadlines
- All Recreation Commission activities have been postponed though April 3, 2020 – date Governor established for school closures. If this date gets extended, then Recreation Commission will get extended.
- Joint Fire District has postponed fire safety inspections (unless authorized by the Chief) and community public education
Please do not hesitate to contact the Village at 513-561-6500 with any questions or concerns. As has been said many times, “We are all in this together.” Thank you, again, for your patience and flexibility during this pandemic. We appreciate all you are doing to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Wishing you good health always,
Dina C. Minneci